Time to Curb That Spending Habit
Spending or splurging on one’s wants is not a bad thing. After all, we work very hard to get the things that we need and long for. So when it is payday, we look around for something that can reward us for a whole month’s hard work.
Are Payday Loans for Overspending?
Though it is fairly fine to splurge, it cannot be overdone. This is because it can have adverse effects not only on the person concerned but most importantly, on the people around this said person. This is especially true when the situation extends to the person being a “shopaholic”. A shopaholic is one who spends money out of anger, disappointment, and even for no reason at all. The impulse is too strong to resist that even if there is scarcity of funds, the person insists on buying stuff.
A few years back, a movie about this same situation was made in Hollywood. And for those who were able to catch it, the effects of this “disease” cannot be underestimated. But to get a better idea of such adversities, here are some common ones.
- Being a shopaholic can ruin relationships especially if the money used for spending came from a family member or a friend.
- Overspending can bury a person into a debt hole. And this would mean the person having to pay for these debts for a long time.
- Overspending can lead to debts and eventually to a ruined name as well. People will be watchful already and will no longer be lending any amount to shopaholics since they know that this will be used for impulsive buying.
- When the preceding item happens, this will lead to the person losing self-esteem and self-worth. Feelings of guilt and worthlessness will be around.
Obviously, there is really a need to overcome this bad spending habit. It is going to be tough but as long as the person is determined, anything can be possible.
- The most important thing to do is to accept that one is a shopaholic. Even if everyone else says this about a person, it is the one concerned who should realize this for himself.
- Debtors Anonymous is a group of admitted shopaholics who share their experiences and support each other. They have sessions that aim to help every member get out of this mess. Finding a local counterpart of this group will truly be helpful.
- Avoid using credit cards. Cashless shopping is one thing that entices people to overspend. After all, one gets the item first without having to let out a single dollar. One should try to use a cheque or a debit card so that no debt is incurred.
- When shopping, there should already be a list of things to buy. So whenever one sees something attractive, she may think twice of purchasing it since it is not on the list.
- When going out, it would help to bring just a specific amount of money and spend just within this amount.